You will find state-of-the-art technology at Gateway Dental. Dr. Fruithandler utilizes technology to ensure that our patients have an excellent experience at our office. Here is some of the technology we use and information on how it benefits you.
Digital x-rays offer many benefits to both our patients and our dentist such as:
- Images are available immediately for Dr. Fruithandler to review with you.
- Digital x-rays provide a clearer picture for more accuracy when diagnosing health conditions.
- Images can be easily transferred to other doctors if necessary.
- There are no harmful chemicals required for developing these images, which makes them safer for the environment.
- Digital x-rays emit 80% less radiation that traditional film x-rays, so they're safer for our patients.
These x-rays provide a view of all of your teeth in one picture and also allow us to see your jawbone and joints. Panoramic x-rays are integral in planning wisdom teeth extractions and implant surgeries as well as diagnosing issues with your jaw joints, such as TMJ.
This tiny camera can actually fit inside your mouth and takes full color pictures of your teeth.
When we can show you a color picture of your tooth, it is easier for Dr. Fruithandler to explain your treatment needs. This helps you make educated decisions about the dental procedures that are right for you.
Have you been told you need a root canal? Wouldn't it be excellent if you knew your procedure would be quicker and more comfortable than root canals in the past?
This is what rotary endodontic tools allow us to do! These tools are electric, which makes the procedure more efficient. Additionally, they're made of titanium, which is more flexible and comfortable than the stainless steel tools that were used in the past.
Also known as laughing gas, nitrous oxide helps patients who feel fearful about their dental procedures relax and feel at ease. It is easy to administer and safe for both adults and children.
Nitrous can be used during many types of dental procedures, and it's safe for you to continue normal activities after its use since it leaves your system right away.